Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps
Our COVID-19 Protocol
In addition to the standard precautions and infection control guidelines we always followed, we have introduced additional protocols and guidelines to better serve you during the pandemic
Below are some of the new protocols and standards we will be following:
1. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office
2. Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients
3. An extremely limited number of chairs in the waiting room will be available to maintain social distancing in the office
4. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting time, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time
5. You are welcome to check-in via cell phone by calling our office from your car when you arrive to our office and stay in your car until we are ready to seat you
6. Sneeze Plexiglass Guard in the reception area
7. Masks will be available to every patient who does not have one
8. All payments and follow up appointments will be coordinated via phone to limit your time in the reception area
9. At the office, we will measure your temperature using a touchless thermometer and ask you to gargle with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide
10. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office
11. No magazines and children’s toys will be in the waiting room anymore